Who We Are
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) was formed in 2007 as the umbrella organization overseeing Sonic Healthcare Ltd.’s operation in the United States.
Sonic Healthcare Ltd.'s involvement in the United States began in 2005 with the acquisition of Clinical Pathology Laboratories (CPL) of Austin, Texas. Since that time, Sonic Healthcare has purchased other operating clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories across the country. At present, there are nine operating divisions within SHUSA with more than 7,000 employees providing clinical and anatomic pathology services to 20 million physicians and patients in 26 states.
In the USA, we operate with the same values and foundation principles as our parent company in Australia. We are passionate about our medical leadership culture in which we serve physicians with the highest quality of laboratory services and excellent customer service. Our laboratories are all directed by board-certified pathologists working with highly trained medical technologists and technicians to deliver quality and timely laboratory results.
- Sonic partners with NYU Langone to form a joint venture, NYU Langone Diagnostics, to grow NYU outreach and lab business.
- Sonic acquires West Pacific Medical Laboratory, based in Santa Fe Springs, California.
- Sonic acquires Eastridge Medical Laboratory, Inc and merges it with American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL)
- Sonic partners with Baptist Memorial Health Care to establish a bacteriology center of excellence in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Sonic and Western Connecticut Health Network form a joint venture, Constitution Diagnostics Network, to provide enhanced laboratory services throughout Connecticut.
- Sonic acquires Zangmeister laboratory of Columbus, Ohio and merges it with Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
- Sonic launches Sonic Reference Laboratory in Austin, TX, a state-of-the-art esoteric testing laboratory which services all of the Sonic Healthcare USA laboratory divisions.
- Sonic acquires East Lakeside Laboratory, of Jackson, Mississippi and merges it with American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL)
- Sonic launches iMorpheus, an informatics solution which provides real-time clinical decision support and advanced healthcare informatics capabilities utilizing an agile pattern recognition software guided by Sonic’s worldclass medical expertise.
- Sonic acquires Laboratory Acquisition Corp of Montgomery, Alabama and merges it with American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL)
- Sonic completes its second Californian acquisition, Central Coast Pathology, based in San Luis Obispo.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires CBLPath, an anatomical pathology company in Rye Brook, New York.
- Sonic Healthcare enters California with the acquisition of Physician's Automated Laboratory based in Bakersfield.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires Axiom Laboratories in Tampa, Florida. The business is merged with The Cognoscienti Health Institute.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires the business of Piedmont Medical Laboratory, in Winchester, Virginia.
- Sonic acquires East Side Clinical Laboratory, based in East Providence, Rhode Island.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires American Clinical Services, Inc, based in New Jersey and merges it with Sunrise Medical Laboratories.
- Sonic acquires Consultant Pathology Services, Inc, (New Orleans, Louisiana), El Paso Med Partners, (El Paso, Texas) and DX, Inc. (Midland, Texas) and merges them with Clinical Pathology Laboratory
- Sonic acquires Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii
- Sonic acquires Pan Pacific Pathologists, Inc.
- Through hospital contracts Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii expands to serve 42 percent of the beds in Hawaii
- Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc., Sonic's US head office, is established in Austin, Texas, and given the authority and responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the group's US operations.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires American Esoteric Laboratories with laboratories in Tennessee and Texas. The Texas operations are merged into CPL.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires remaining 18% of Clinical Pathology Laboratories (CPL).
- Sonic Healthcare acquires Mullins Pathology & Cytology Laboratory P.C. (Augusta, Georgia).
- Sunrise Medical Laboratories is acquired, a full-service clinical reference laboratory servicing Long Island and the New York metropolitan area.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires Woodbury Clinical Laboratory, based in Lebanon, Tennessee.
- Sonic becomes Europe's largest medical laboratory group, and the third largest in the USA.
- Sonic Healthcare acquires Muskogee Clinical Laboratory (Muskogee, Oklahoma).
- Sonic Healthcare acquires The Cognoscenti Health Institute (East Orlando, Florida).
- Sonic Healthcare acquires Lookadoo Skyline Laboratories (Port St. Lucie, Florida).
- Sonic Healthcare acquires an 82% interest in Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc. (CPL), the largest privately owned regional pathology laboratory in the United States of America.
We’ll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you’ve helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your eligible dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) that includes a generous company match
- A sense of belonging – we are a community!
The Sonic Difference
Sonic’s culture is codified into four different elements – Medical Leadership, Core Values, Medical Leadership Principles, and our Federated Model.
Collectively, these are known as ‘The Sonic Difference’, and in addition to Sonic's passionate and committed people - who exemplify the Sonic Difference and everything that it stands for - they have been the foundations of Sonic’s historical success.
Medical Leadership Principles
Medicine is a complex profession that requires insight, sensitivity and a lifelong commitment to learning, in order to provide the best possible patient care and clinical outcomes.
Sonic believes that Medical Leadership facilitates the highest standards of clinical and operational excellence for the doctors and patients we serve. It also reflects a deep understanding of the special complexities, obligations and privileges of medical practice.
Our Medical Leadership Principles provide all Sonic staff with clear guidelines about the interaction between Sonic’s people and its external stakeholders – doctors, patients, other customers and our local and global communities. Each pillar includes measurable criteria, ensuring that our practices remains focused on providing localized medical services of the highest quality.
Sonic Healthcare USA, is comprised of 8 Divisions and over 40 laboratories and practices across the country. Our services fall under the categories of clinical laboratory and anatomical pathology.
Our culture is articulated by our Core Values and our commitment to medical excellence. Collectively, they empower our people to deliver exceptional medical services to doctors and patients.
Sonic's federated structure creates many opportunities to share knowledge and experiences, allowing us to develop synergies and establish best practices.
Back to Top
LIS Business Analyst (Austin, Texas)
Laboratory Assistant PSC - Maui Patient Service Center
Providence, Rhode Island
Las Vegas, Nevada
Clinical Research Project Manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
Medical Transcriptionist (PRN)
Set up a Job Alert
to be notified when Sonic Healthcare USA posts new jobs.