Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021014
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Business Application Analyst (BA) will be responsible for evaluating and deploying business dependent software and application solutions in a clinical laboratory environment. The BA will learn our proprietary Laboratory Information System (LIS) and champion development and improvements. The position may also require specific programming experience to support and develop bioinformatics and automation solutions. The BA will spend a significant amount of time with Research and Development in building instrument interfaces and have a moderate level of interaction with lab staff.
- Build and validate new tests in the Laboratory Information System (LIS) utilized by Sonic Reference Laboratory (SRL)
- Participate in the design, user testing and documentation of new or existing applications and upgrades for business needs and ensure comprehensive testing scenarios are documented
- Troubleshoot performance and workflow issues related to laboratory utilization of the LIS
- Test system upgrades and modifications to ensure seamless transition to production
- Provide test build details and perform roundtrip testing upon request from customers
- Champion new interface development between LIS and instruments
- Communicate prioritization of task development across SRL to centralized IT resources
- Assist with startup and ongoing training for LIS users
- Support and deploy software solution in an CAP and CLIA accredited business
- Liaise with Compliance and Operations to ensure systems are compliant with standards
- Assist with resolution of non-conforming events related to IT and the LIS
- Develop process improvements and technical solutions for automation
- Performs development and business support duties as described by management.
- Knowledge and communications skills necessary for the design, analysis, and implementation of software solutions; computer hardware and specific software knowledge; as well as a developing new knowledge of the laboratory information system and technical solutions are paramount to success in this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clinical laboratory, hospital laboratory and/or clinical trials experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Technology and trends in technology relating to software applications
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of laboratory/clinical information systems, order entry and EHR systems
- Experience with scripting and/or programming languages preferred but not required (Python, Perl, R etc.)
- Experience with Database administration and/or designing SQL queries
- Experience utilizing Crystal reports and/or other reporting applications
- Ability to perform data analysis and present findings in a concise actionable manner
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, and solution-oriented
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biological Science Computer Science, or relevant field.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.