Location: Monroe, Michigan
Internal Number: REQ-021206
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Consultants in Laboratory Medicine of Greater Toledo, a Sonic Healthcare USA partner, provides pathology services in the in the northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan area. We are recruiting for a full-time Surgical Pathologist to join our team of 16 Pathologists and 5 PAs. We serve a large non-profit health system that includes nine hospitals and numerous outreach facilities in the northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan area.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Must be AP/CP board certified.
- Surgical pathologist
- Three to five years of prior practice experience is strongly desired, but recent graduates will also be considered.
- Candidates must possess or be able to attain a license to practice medicine in the states of Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana.
- Covering services in one or more of the three main hospitals and six regional hospitals in the northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan area.
- Signing out surgical cases in a semi-subspecialty sign-out model.
- Interpreting intraoperative frozen sections and rapid on-site cytology evaluations.
- Presenting at general and/or specialty tumor boards.
- Serving as CLIA director for clinical laboratories.
- Participating in evening, weekend, & holiday call rotation shared among surgical pathologists.
Consultants in Laboratory Medicine of Greater Toledo is a collaborative group of pathologists with diverse areas of expertise and levels of experience. We are seeking candidates with a teamwork-oriented work ethic, excellent communication skills, strong diagnostic skills, and a collegial personality. Our practice is located in Toledo, OH a city that has long been known for its auto manufacturing and glass industry, but has a growing reputation as a great place to start a career and make a home. Toledo is home to the famous Mud Hens baseball team, Jeep headquarters and the world-renowned Toledo Museum of Art. Toledo is located in northwest Ohio near the shores of western Lake Erie. More than 600,000 people live, work and play in the Toledo metropolitan area.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Consultant in Laboratory Medicine of Greater Toledo
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.