Assists the Department Director and Supervisor in all daily departmental operations. Assigns tasks to the necessary imaging modalities. Facilitates the performance of imaging exams within the department. Reviews quality control logs as required by the facility; Evaluates orders and verifies them with radiologist when necessary.. Familiar with various imaging equipment and devices. Able to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and places service calls when needed. Performs incomplete audits and makes corrections when required. Responsible for interacting with hospital staff and/or nursing departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts by identifying and assisting in the resolutions. Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills. Routinely works weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, overtime, and/or on an on-call/call-back status, when needed. (This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.)
1. Must have current BCLS certification.
2. Minimum 2 years Radiology experience.
3. Membership in related professional organization preferred.
4. Knowledge of performance standards as outline by the ASRT
5. ARRT Certification in Radiology .
6. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Graduate from an approved school in Radiologic Technology
2. Licensed as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) in the State of Texas)
3. ARRT Certification (R)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
· Proficient in performing radiologic examinations of extremities, thorax, abdomen, spine, skull exams. Some of these exams may be performed as portables.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills.
· Familiarized with utilizing a C-Arm
· Can operate CT Scanner for Special Procedures performed using the CT Scanner.
· BCLS on hire
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.