Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The Transporter is responsible for the movement of all patients from one department to another in a safe and timely manner so that all departments can operate in an efficient manner. The transporter is also responsible for the transporting of specimens, X-Ray charts and other reports throughout the hospital.
- Demonstrates the ability to transport patients from patient units to other departments while on stretchers, beds or in wheelchairs as requested by departments in a safe manner and adhering to time schedules.
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of comfort and privacy needs of patients. Patients are properly covered when transporting them from one area to another.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist clinical staff in moving patients onto stretchers or into wheelchairs by using proper lifting techniques. . Demonstrates the ability to use approved protocols for safety, handoff and patient Identification so that patients are moved as requested and scheduled. Ensures that chart, oxygen and other transport necessities are ready at time of transport to avoid delays.
- Demonstrates the ability to answer calls received on the pagers in a prompt manner. Ensures that equipment is clean and in good working condition.
- Cart Run: Demonstrates the ability to collect and move specimens, medical records and other items as scheduled or requested between the departments throughout the hospital. Nursing reports are picked up and delivered at the scheduled times.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Experience is preferred but not necessary.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Current NYS drivers license preferred.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and staff.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by being helpful, courteous and friendly to all.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.