Location: Miami, Florida
Admin / Clerical
Performs and provides administrative support services such as scheduling appointments, tests, admissions and procedures as needed. Preparing correspondence and manuscripts, scheduling meetings, maintaining records & files, and conducting special projects as assigned by Physician and Leader.
*** The schedule for this position will be Mon- Fri from 8:00am- 5:00pm ***
Job Specific Duties
- Answers and screens calls for Physician(s) and Leader regarding patients, medical results, pharmacy prescriptions, and refills in a professional manner. Takes messages as needed.
- Assists Physician(s) and Leader in filling out credentialing applications, medical license requirements, and current memberships.
- Maintains a log of Physicians’ Continuing Medical Education credits, all associated expenses, and teaching hours.
- Checks documentation being submitted for Physician's attention to ascertain all relevant data, files, signatures, etc. are included.
- Coordinates and schedules surgeries, procedures, and diagnostic testing for patients. Obtains authorizations and follow-up on pending requests in order to meet patient needs.
- Gathers data for general information purposes or special reports, contacting other employees, departments, agencies, and individuals for additional documents and/or reports as necessary.
- Prepares medical reports and/or documents for Leader's or Physician's approval.
- Makes appointments and maintains calendar for rounds, program meetings, consultation requests, etc.
- Acts as liaison between employees, agencies, and other physician practices.
- Transcribes letters, memoranda, medical examinations, clinical referrals, case summaries, initial workups, consent forms, laboratory reports, and/or research summaries.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations for meetings and forums. Prepares and maintains medical records and documents such as abstracts and medical case histories.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of customer service experience in an office setting or similar environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of administrative experience and/or physician office experience preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and business related writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of office equipment and system programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Able to organize and compose general business communication for review and signature.
- Ability to represent department/function in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
BONE MARROW OFFICE-2100-428000