Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Pharmacy Technician (Full-Time), to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Orlando, Florida.
Full time, evening shift position. Monday through Friday, every other weekend including holiday rotation. HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 130-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout.
This Pharmacy Technician position is responsible for providing Pharmacy Services within the Inpatient and Outpatient Retail Pharmacy Department and the Nemours Children's Hospital (NCH). The position is responsible for assisting in the preparation (including technical aspects of preparation) and delivery of medications to be dispensed to patients and providing customer service to internal and external customers. This position works under the operational supervision of the pharmacist.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the general duties of a Pharmacy technician including knowledge, and maintenance of competency and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the position to which he/she is assigned which may include: unit dose cart fill, Pyxis functionality, IV preparation (e.g. syringes, admixtures, chemotherapy, continuous renal replacement therapy, total parenteral nutrition, etc.), unit dose packaging, filling outpatient prescriptions, barcoding, Unit inspections, oral liquid compounding, stock inventory maintenance and replenishment, code cart process.
- Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms. This includes wearing appropriate personnel protective equipment, the practice of aseptic technique, proper procedure for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures (including chemotherapy or other specialty solutions).
- Performs various functions associated with NCH drug distribution system. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of medications for patients, the completion of necessary dispensing records, and the delivery and exchange of medications.
- Cross trained to perform Pharmacy technician responsibilities in either the Retail Pharmacy or the Inpatient Pharmacy.
- Carries out the calculations required for the usual dosage determination and solutions preparation, using weight and volume equivalents in the metric system.
- Carries out rules and regulations pertaining to the professional policies of the pharmacy department and ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Understands operation and functionality of equipment and technology including (e.g. automatic dispensing cabinets, pump technology, packager, etc) to support the Pharmacy.
- Able to maintain punctual attendance consistent with Nemours policies, regulatory, and federal, state, and local standards.
- Strong communications skills are required. Prepared to interact with both internal and external customers and respond appropriately.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience required. Pharmacy Internship experience or completion of a six month Pharmacy Technician training program may be considered as required work experience.
- Florida Pharmacy Technician licensure required within 6 months of hire.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred.