Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to manage the daily activities of the assigned department to ensure timely, quality patient testing and reports aiding physicians in the diagnosis and provision of quality patient care. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public, and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily activities of department Associates to ensure timely, accurate reporting of laboratory testing to assist physicians in providing patient care.
- Performs routine technologist duties and responsibilities during the shift to ensure validity of reported results and performance in accordance with department guidelines.
- Monitors department quality control to maintain effective operation of instrumentation and quality of reported test results and to meet accreditation standards.
- Evaluates abnormal and routine test results and resolves instrumentation problems to ensure validity of reported results in accordance with departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs leadership/supervisory functions in support of departmental and hospital goals.
- Evaluates new instrumentation and procedures to maintain state of the art laboratory performance and capability monitoring opportunities for increase efficiency and cost containment.
- Collaboratively develops and implements technical orientation programs for new Associates and coordinates continuing education to ensure quality Associate development.
- Performs laboratory work schedules for the department to ensure adequate staffing.
- Ensures all standard operating procedures and practices adhere to Federal and regulatory agency standards (CLIA, CAP, AABB, JCAHO, OSHA).
- Assists management and Quality Assurance Coordinator in all performance improvement and quality assurance activities for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate level education.
- Minimum four years medical technologist experience.
- Minimum two years relevant supervisory experience preferred.
- ASCP Certification
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.