Location: Newark, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Orthopaedic Trauma Service Team (OTS) as a Clinical Physician Extender. The selected candidate will provide initial assessment, stabilization, and subsequent evaluations as part of ongoing care in the acute inpatient hospital setting for patients requiring admission to, as well as those already admitted to the OTS.
Other key responsibilities include:
Respond to emergent/urgent care needs for hospitalized patients
Perform initial assessment of orthopaedic consults, report findings and implement a treatment plan
Perform orthopaedic bedside procedures as requested on admitted and emergency department/observation patients
- Generous Continuing Education Time and Allowance
- Substantial PTO plus 12-Week Fully Paid Parental Leave with no wait period
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- 403(b) and Defined Contribution Plan Retirement Options with Employer Match
- Annual Quality Incentive Bonus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of a master's degree program as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or completion of a Physician Assistant program.
- Surgical or inpatient experience preferred.
- License or license eligible in the state of Delaware
- Orthopaedic trauma training or experience preferred
- ACLS required