Location: Valhalla, New York
Salary Range:$28.41 - $30.67
As a Pharmacy Technician you will work closely with pharmacists and pharmacy team to purchase medication, prepare, label and deliver medication and maintain inventory. Duties include but are not limited to: filling patient medication cassettes, preparation of IV solutions, filling the Automated Dispensing Cabinets, delivering medications and supplies to units, filling floor stock orders and performing various computer functions relating to billing, printing labels and reports. Responsible for assisting other healthcare professionals by obtaining and recording patient medication histories in the hospital health information system (HIS) and performing a complete reconciliation for the medications to ensure accurate information is available to providers at the time of admission to the Emergency Department or nursing unit.
- Preparation of medications for patients
- Receiving and verifying the prescriptions
- Pricing and filling of prescriptions
- Obtaining pharmacist's approval
- Completing patient paperwork related to the filling of prescription
- Assisting with insurance claims processing (usually a pharmacist will handle this, but assistant's help will be needed - the entire process is done online)
- Stocking and pricing of medications in inventory
- Ensuring availability of drugs by delivering them to patients or facilities
- Maintaining pharmacy's (and its patients' employees') safety by adhering toinfection-control procedures, policies and regulations
Two years of Health Systems/Hospital experience, Retail/Outpatient Pharmacy Preferred, IV Experience preferred.
High school diploma or Equivalent required; associate's degree preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Current licensure as a New York State Registered Pharmacy Technician and active PTCB certification required
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC