Location: Valhalla, New York
Reporting to the VP of APS Operations, the Patient Experience Administrator is responsible for the oversight and enhancement of all Service Excellence efforts including complaint, grievance, and internal investigations of patient and family concerns for the practice. Duties include service recovery and resolution of complaints, management of complaint and grievance process, patient and family advocacy, tracking and trending, reporting and identification of opportunities for improvement as well as employee education.
- Effectively triage, investigate, resolve and document complaints and grievances while ensuring adherence to the Patient Bill of Rights, regulatory requirements and network policies.
- Analyze complaints and grievances data and report trends and/or patient feedback to designated committees and key leadership.
- Identify service recovery opportunities and collaborate with clinical and operational teams to address patient and family concerns.
- Collaborate with clinical and operational teams to effectively de-escalate and provide crisis intervention assistance in difficult patient and family interactions.
- Collaborate and participate in root cause analyses as requested.
- Facilitate grievance committee meetings with entity senior leadership.
- Create and present coaching and mentoring education for team members. Assists with additional Patient Experience projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Collaborate with hospital patient experience leaders on system wide strategies
- Design and present teaching, coaching and mentoring service recovery tools and tactics for caregivers and role models
- Train and coach clinical and non-clinical unit managers on timely management of patient complaints and grievances in incident management system.
- Actively rounds in all departments while demonstrating leadership with conflict management and effective communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum of five (5) years of medical office/management/customer service experience required.
- 1 year with database and/or regulatory reporting and/or proven teaching, training and program management
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, or Healthcare or the equivalent of 10 years of healthcare experience
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.