Location: Miami, Florida
Admin / Clerical
Works closely with the Office of Sponsored Programs' (OSP) leadership and institutional stakeholders to grow and maintain the sponsored programs portfolio at Nicklaus Children's Health System (NCHS). Responsible for all pre-award functions, including, but not limited to, identification of funding opportunities, proposal and budget development support, proposal submission, and stakeholder education and training related to sponsored programs activity, as well as post-award functions, including, but not limited to, award management and strategic initiatives related to sponsored programs. Works across disciplines including Research, Quality Improvement, Finance, and other stakeholders to assure organizational compliance in areas such as human subjects, biosafety, and sponsored expenditures.
Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- 5-7 years of experience in pre-award sponsored programs administration
- 5-7 years of experience working in healthcare or academic medical center
Job Specific Duties
- Demonstrated experience in pre-award activity
- Knowledgeable regarding issues of research compliance
- Knowledgeable of federal agency practices, regulations and policies
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and diplomatically with investigators, program leaders and offices of senior level administration including finance, compliance, procurement and other NCHS administrators
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the willingness to reach out to various stakeholders
- Understanding of federal regulations and agency guidelines for grants management and sponsored research, including CMS, HRSA, NIH NSF, and DoD. Some familiarity with Florida State grants, desirable
- Ability to work with program officers at State and federal agencies and act as effective liaison between faculty and funding agencies
- Evidence of ability to manage budgets effectively
- Capability of producing creative and innovative solutions and approaches to common problems
- Highly developed written and verbal skills
- Proficient with basic software applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experienced with database management tools and protocol submission and tracking software
- Experienced in reading and interpreting award documents to track and meet post-award deadlines and reporting requirements (including, but not limited to, invoices and programmatic reports).
- Provides comprehensive pre/post-award services for OSP at NCHS, including proposal development, submission & tracking, as well as reviewing awards/tracking & complying with post-award deadlines.
- Assures internal approvals for resources, facilities, etc. are completed prior to proposal submission.
- Supports the development and execution of sub-awards or subcontracts.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between NCHS and external funding agencies.
- Collaborates with investigators, program leaders, & service lines to develop/submit proposals, develop budgets & to assure compliance with funding agency guidelines, NCHS policies, & applicable law.
- Works with investigators, program leaders, and service lines to meet programmatic progress reporting requirements.
- Provides review and on-time submission of proposals to assure accuracy and compliance with program announcement, NCHS policies, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of intranet and web pages for OSP.
- Prepares and maintains official grant files.
- Responds to inquiries and provides direct assistance to investigators, program leaders, and departments across the organization.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive education program on sponsored programs development, execution and compliance.
- Oversees the OSP central mailbox, including document management, distribution of notifications to applicable parties), etc.
- Maintains and updates sponsored programs policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Prepares and maintains sponsored programs reports and portfolio.
- Reviews and oversees the submission of financial and programmatic reporting and invoices, and ensures all post-award deadlines are met.
- Oversees management and integrity of OSP's Grants Inventory and records related thereto, provides oversight of burn rate for each award, and prepares reports for leadership throughout NCHS.
- Prepares & maintains a sponsored programs training manual for new OSP employees as needed. Trains new Sponsored Programs Specialists & is responsible for division of workload among the team.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
OFFICE OF SPONSORED PROGRAMS-2100-310950