Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Twin Falls, Idaho is seeking a Community Paramedic (Temporary/Full-time) to join our Magic Valley Paramedic Team team.
Pay Range: $24.50/HR-$36.63/HR Depending on Experience
This is a full-time temporary position to June 30, 2024 supporting the Community Health Health Emergency Services (CHEMS) initiatives for the Magic Valley.
- Continuously monitors and reassesses the patient's status during transport and with other team members provides therapeutic interventions to maintain patient stability.
- Incorporates principles of transport physiology and transport safety and clinical assessment during transport.
- Through the use of SBAR, shares essential information with team members, physicians, and staff from referring hospitals, emergency personal and other customers.
- Identifies patient needs, establish priorities and provides appropriate interventions.
- Initiates appropriate interventions based upon protocols or online medical control.
- Collects key information from the physician, medical staff, patient, family, laboratory and other sources.
- Determines priorities for safety and patient care.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and clinical priorities.
- Provides assistance with patient ambulation and activity in transporting patient as necessary to include loading and unloading of patient stretcher in the ambulance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: HS diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1 year.
- EMT-P State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
- Valid driver's license.
- Preferred Qualifications: Community Paramedic Certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Twin Falls, Idaho
Located in Southern Idaho, just under two hours from Boise, Twin Falls offers four distinct seasons and is best known for Shoshone Falls - "Niagara of the West" - and bountiful outdoor adventures. Adventure seekers here can enjoy whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock-climbing and BASE jumping from Perrine Bridge. Twin Falls has a thriving agriculture-based economy, which powers its reputation as a preferred location for food science, production and processing companies. Local schools receive strong support from the community in both academics and sports, while also enriching the community's arts and culture scene. With a low crime rate, good schools and endless opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, you'll find Twin Falls is unhurried, unspoiled and unassuming.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club | Farmer's Market | Pomerelle Ski Resort | Balanced Rock | City of Rocks | Thousand Springs | Magic Valley Symphony | Sawtooth National Forest
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.