Location: Newark, Delaware
Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - Float Pool/Per Diem Team
Full-Time Evening Shift (Hours: FT 40 hours) Available Shifts: 3 pm- 11:30 pm or 2 pm-10:30 pm. Ten-hour shifts can be honored in lieu of 8 hours. On-call required- Newark and Wilmington, DE
The Float Pool/Per Diem Team at Christiana Hospital seeks a Full-time Assistant Nurse Manager. This individual will share responsibility and accountability for the team. The Assistant Nurse Manager will work an Evening schedule with an occasional rotation to other shifts. Some of the training will be initial training during daytime hours. The primary function is to assist the Nurse Manager in the overall administrative directions of the clinical practice of nursing and delivery of high-quality care, including the areas of Medical, Surgical, Trauma, Geriatrics, and Heart & Vascular. Are you ready for this next step in your career? Step on to the leadership tract!
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, on-site gym, and phenomenal discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervises all nursing and technical personnel: Assesses proficiency of staff, leads all aspects of daily staffing and scheduling needs of the department, evaluates staff performance, and counsels staff members as needed.
Participates in hiring, promotion, and termination decisions. Functions as a role model, demonstrating quality expertise and professional behaviors.
Directs, mentors, and supports all levels of staff.
Develops, implements, and monitors performance improvement and patient safety initiatives.
Identifies and develops strategies to improve the overall knowledge base and integrity of the staff.
Analyzes administrative and operational functions; implements appropriate changes and system-wide improvements.
Responsible for RNs, Student Nurses, and Patient Care Technicians.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Management Preferred.
- Three years of appropriate clinical and leadership experience preferred.
- Current nursing licensure and approved specialty certification.
- Current BLS required.