Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Internal Number: 16858006
Atlantic Health System is Seeking a Pediatric Neurologist for a Great Opportunity in Northern Jersey
Atlantic Health System, one of New Jersey's largest integrated health care systems, is seeking an energetic clinician and strong educator who is highly collegial, innovative and patient-centered Child Neurologist to be part of the Pediatric Neurology team at Goryeb Children's Hospital, located in Morristown Medical Center. Goryeb Children's Hospital ranked (UHC) in the top 10% of children's hospitals nationally for pediatric quality and safety, serving 11 counties in northern New Jersey.
This is the largest consolidated neurology and child development division in New Jersey and is led by Dr. Bernard Maria, 2018 Hower Award recipient.
The board-eligible/certified child neurologist will join our team of four neurologists and well as three epileptologists in our top ranked epilepsy program (NAECNAEC Level 4 designation). With exceptionally strong programs in genetics, neurodevelopmental/autism (four neurodevelopmental pediatricians), neuro-oncology physician, headache physician, neuromuscular physician and four pediatric neurosurgeons operating in our facilities, we see a broad array of pediatric neurological conditions.
- EDUCATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active participation in education of residents and medical students rotating through the Pediatric Neurology service as well as through interactions on the inpatient service.
- Present didactic lectures in pediatric neurology to GME/UME students as well as giving pediatric grand rounds periodically.
- Attend and participate as a speaker in continuing medical educational (CME) events.
- Participate in community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned to the Physician by the Chair of Pediatrics.
- CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct outpatient care to pediatric patients (birth through at least age 21) with neurological disorders at Atlantic Health System hospitals and associated satellite practice locations.
- Provide inpatient consultations and primary responsibility for admitting patients with pediatric neurological disorders.
- Participate in the department's patient- and family-centered care model and ensure effective communication, prompt responsiveness and clinical collaboration with all disciplines including physicians in pediatric critical care, nursing and others.
- Provide open and timely communication with patients, families and their significant others.
- Participate in on-call coverage of Pediatric Neurology service. Coverage will be distributed equitably.
- Provide timely communication with referring and collaborating physicians.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Maintain the academic and administrative process by continually engaging in self-learning, acquisition of CME, and participating in research seminars and other group and interdisciplinary activities.
- Identify and encourage opportunities to collaborate with pediatric residents on research projects, case reports, and other academic pursuits.
- Consider initiating or participating in relevant research opportunities.
- OUTREACH AND MARKETING:
- Market the practice through direct physician to physician communication, community education, community service or other appropriate channels.
- Present Grand Rounds at neighboring institutions as deemed appropriate by the Pediatric Neurology Division Chief.
- Participate in expansion of Pediatric Neurology services and development of satellite practice locations.
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
- Maintain compliance with JCAHP and DOH requirements.
- Maintain current medical license, DEA, and CDS number and American Board Pediatrics certification.
- Maintain and implement standards for health promotion and health maintenance.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- BC/BE and Fellowship trained in Pediatric Neurology
- NJ licensed or eligible for licensure in NJ
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for Relocation
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System a eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $3500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Full reimbursement for Boards and Licensing fees
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted aGreat Place to Work aa 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please send your CV to Lori Velasco, Physician Recruiter at Lori.Velasco@atlantichealth.org.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's aTop 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work Fora list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ.
Morristown Medical Center is rated the number one hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row. We are the only hospital in New Jersey named one of America's a50 Best Hospitals' for seven consecutive years by Healthgrades and one of the World's Best Hospitals (the 46th best hospital in the United States and number one in NJ) by Newsweek. We were also ranked the top hospital with more than 350 beds in New Jersey by Castle Connolly and Leapfrog recognized us with an aAa hospital safety grade a its highest a thirteen consecutive times.
Goryeb Children's Hospital is an 86,000 square foot facility at Morristown Medical Center with facilities at Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and 4 other subspecialty satellite locations. With over 250 pediatricians and 100 pediatric subspecialists from 22 different specialty areas, we offer comprehensive pediatric services. An independent pediatric residency training program exists with 38 residents, medical students on regular rotation, and status as a regional campus of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson. Goryeb Children's Hospital ranked (UHC) in the top 10% of children's hospitals nationally for pediatric quality and safety, serving 5 million population area across 11 counties in New Jersey.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.