Location: Elkton, Maryland
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most meaningful decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health. Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
ChristianaCare is recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician to work every other weekend in a day/evening rotating shift position. Holidays as required.
Principal Duties and Responsiblities:
- Assist the pharmacist in providing timely, efficient, cost effective, and appropriate pharmaceutical care to the patient
- Refill patient medication bins through robot cart fill and manual picks; update carts by including new orders, removing discontinued medications, and transferring medications. Update labeling of bins on admission, transfer, and discharge of patients
- Deliver and exchange 24-hour cart fill to nursing units at scheduled times. Check medication storage areas for discontinued and discharged patient medications; ensure that returned medications are placed back into stock
- Reorder medications in short supply and restock the picking station and other areas of the pharmacy
- Send prepared medications via pneumatic tube system. Any medication that cannot be tubed is delivered to the appropriate location on the nursing unit
- Manage automated dispensing cabinet inventory, including accurate selection and loading of medications
- Ensure that medications are stored properly and that only in date medications are stored. Remove discontinued medication
- Receive and check incoming supplier order(s)
- Prepare IV medications using aseptic techniques and in following processes in full compliance with USP 795, 797, and 800 federal regulations
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and closed system transfer devices (as needed) for the preparation of chemotherapy and other hazardous medications
Education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Maryland Pharmacy Technician License required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification required
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand provider medication orders
- Ability to handle fast-paced, stressful situations
- Ability to practice principles of customer service
- Ability to do basic arithmetic calculations
Standing and walking up to 8 miles a day with intermittent sitting. Occasional extended periods at computer terminal. Required movement throughout ChristianaCare. Requires manual dexterity, the ability to push or pull a fully weighted cart of 250 lbs. which is no more than 15 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs. as essential components of the position.
Incredible Work/Life benefits including medical/dental/ vision insurance coverage on your first day of employment, paid PTO, retirement plans, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!