Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 8418197
Finance & Accounting
1.0 FTE, Days
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
Performs a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex financial analysis, budget analysis, and related fiscal functions requiring full professional competency. Work is performed under general supervision following established policies and procedures. Non-routine problems/issues are referred to a higher level.
* Assists in the preparation of operational budget; reviews and analyzes departmental budget requests.
* Assists with analysis and preparation of various financial reports for both internal use and as required for external agencies.
* Assists with monitoring budget expenditures and prepares written reports and analyses to management setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
* Communicates with customers, vendors or departments regarding business cycle transactions.
* Maintains liaison with departmental business managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of financial reports to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget.
* Prepares and coordinates distribution of various financial reports and analyses for management and financial analysis of individual departments.
* Prepares and/or processes financial transactions for assigned department(s)/business cycle.
* Reconciles financial transactions and assists in issues resolution of transactions for assigned department(s)/business cycle.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to analyze information, reach valid conclusions and make sound recommendation.
* Ability to apply judgment and informed decisions.
* Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to non-finance users to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats including summarizing data, presenting results.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
* Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
* Knowledge of analytical research procedures and methods.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and finance including the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Accounts payable analyst: Administers transactions for the business cycle, including preparing transactions for posting, posting the transaction, analyzing transactions for accuracy, preparing account/customer reconciliations, and assist with business cycle close.
* Accounts payable analyst: Coordinates with IT on projects and the transmission of data and completes system testing as required.
* Accounts payable analyst: Understands, implements and maintains the department policies and procedures along with the specific policies and procedures for the business cycle and completes routine business cycle procedure and research projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.