Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Summary: The Manager Applications Implementation is responsible for managing, organizing and supervising the assigned Epic project teams. In this role, the initially assigned project will be focused on our Epic Beaker implementation.
1. Adds value as a key member of management understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Responsible for managing, organizing and supervising the assigned Epic project team[s].
5. Ensures teams perform efficiently to produce excellent outcomes during initial implementation, subsequent release implementation, software optimization and ongoing support of the electronic health record [EHR].
6. Utilizes applicable knowledge and experience to coordinate all aspects of the implementation, testing and training of the assigned Epic applications or functional areas. Identifies innovative uses and solutions based on best practices.
7. Is responsible for project management of new application implementations as required.
8. Provides oversight of ongoing upgrades to the EHR.
9. Acts as point of contact for Epic integration with other deployed EHR applications and future applications.
10. Facilitates process transformation and ongoing performance improvement activities of the EHR. Liaison between Epic project teams and Epic.
11. Performs special projects as assigned.
12. Works cooperatively with other departments and vendor[s] to accomplish goals of the project implementation[s].
13. Defines and adheres to SLA's.
14. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience working with an EHR is preferred.
2. Experience with project management is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic, Business Objects, Tableau software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Additional certification and attendance at user group and advisory council meetings is required. Epic Beaker Certification is ideal, at least 1 Epic application is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: