Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Position is both work from home and requires being on-site (Akron, Ohio) for training needs of new and existing employees. Hours/shifts vary depending on the needs of the department and organization.
Summary: The Call Center Trainer is a passionate and experienced educator dedicated to the teaching, development and retention of new and existing employees in the Appointment Center. Responsibilities include onboarding of new hires, initial training, residual and advanced skill training. The trainer is also responsible for retraining and cross-training of existing staff onto new programs. This work includes competency development and providing oversight for preceptors in the Appointment Center and ensuring ongoing competency of staff. Responsible for supporting operational process improvements in scheduling, financial clearance, financial counseling, and registration by performing focused analysis of reports and providing feedback and problem solving education to address findings. Promotes and supports Akron Children's philosophies and positive patient experience in all endeavors.
Responsibilities: 1. Communicates verbally and in writing about the quality of work performed by individual employees.
2. Reviews and maintains results, documents trends, and interprets performance data to recommend, develop, and deliver classroom and individual education and training programs at all locations.
3. Oversees the development and maintenance of all lines of scheduling / registration / insurance verification / referral management / Akron Children's leadership training curriculums.
4. Utilize monitoring systems to effectively evaluate and impact performance.
5. Adjusts training to meet individual learning styles and needs.
6. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
7. Works closely with IT and Telecom technical support staff to maintain Subject Matter Expertise (SME) status on all related systems / applications / databases / phone & recording software.
8. Demonstrates expert job knowledge and applies current billing and regulatory, policies, and procedures along with effective decision-making and problem solving skills to ensure clean claim production.
9. Demonstrates excellent customer service.
10. Contributes to a positive departmental image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability, teamwork, and mutual respect.
11. Contributes to Access Services continuous improvement using Six Sigma and Lean principles.
12. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
13. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Excellent computer skills with proficient use of Excel (i.e. sorting, pivot tables, graphs, etc.) and other reporting/analytical tools including Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Word to create engaging presentations, work aids, process maps and electronic data. Epic software preferred.
2. Ability to extract data from various software systems.
3. Ability to independently take on large projects
4. Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy complex computer/application adult learning/training curriculum.
5. Requires keen analytical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication, and change management skills.
6. Lean / Six Sigma preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Highschool diploma required. Bachelors preferred.
2. Minimum 4 years of teaching or call center training experience required with quality assurance/audit experience required.
3. 1 year of experience may be substituted with bachelor's degree.
4. Energy and enthusiasm.
5. Superior organization and time management skills.
6. Flexible scheduling to cover morning, evening, and weekend shift requirements.
7. Current CHAM/CHAA (National Association of Healthcare Access Management certification for Healthcare Access Associates and Managers) or related medical certification preferred.
8. Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: