1. The Surgical Technician is responsible for aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, instrumentation and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases.
2. Scrubbing and passing instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
3. Pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following dayâ��s schedule.
4. Available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need.
5. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Surgical Technician demonstrates basic knowledge and skills in the scrub role, necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technician Program as required by state regulation of practice or policy.
Preferred: 1 year experience as surgical technician
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.