To perform scheduling functions for multiple sites and multiple modalities with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
To perform pre-registration duties on all scheduled exams.
To greet and register patients, obtain billing information, answer telephones, properly direct phone calls, answer questions, and complete patient add on/walk in information from physicians' office staff.
Support the Non Invasive unit clerk position, when requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering scheduling calls for all Non Invasive services at both hospitals and outpatient satellite offices.
- Scheduling for all Non Invasive services in the RadNet system.
- Obtaining correct patient demographic information including insurance information and inputting into Soarian for pre-registration.
- Performs pre-registration activities on all scheduled procedures regardless of where they were scheduled, such as, CCVS exams, satellite office schedules.
- Assists with problem solving within the department as it relates to patient scheduling.
- Answer telephones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Greet patients, obtain prescription for test, verify demographic and financial information and make all necessary corrections.
- Enter insurance and demographic information into Soarian. Check ID and enter ID presented in Soarian comments.
- Check in all pre-registered patients in Soarian for Echo, Non Invasive, bone density and vascular labs.
- Perform a full registration on all walk in patients, EKG patients or patients that do not have a pre-registration in soarian.
- Place orders for all registrations completed.
- Web pages EKG tech after the patient's EKG registration is completed.
- Prints outpatient demographics from Forms on Demand.
- Writes the ECD number on top of the patient's prescription.
- Obtains all billing and demographic information for all registrations.
o Responsible for referrals, authorization and pre authorization requirements as documented in RIS notes and insurance matrix on reference pages of Inet.
- Prepares Echo, Non Invasive and Vascular schedules for upcoming dates.
- Insures all pertinent patient information is complete for following day.
- Check to see if patient's prescription for exam is at the desk.
- Make sure the proper study is scheduled; the reason for the exam meets medical necessity per insurance guidelines utilizing the appropriate insurance websites.
- In the event the script does not meet medical necessity, contact the physician office as soon as possible for correction.
- Print out the "Conditions for Treatment" for all scheduled patients using the Forms on Demand application.
- Order and maintains office supplies for the Department as directed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors. Performs other related duties as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Frequent contact with physicians, patients and their families, nursing staff, vascular and echo technologists and noninvasive staff, physician offices, departmental staff, Administration, physicians, Information Services, and other ancillary staff.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Manager, Cardiovascular Labs
- Director, Non Invasive Services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School graduate with typing and computer experience.
Two years of clerical experience, including filing and billing, in a healthcare related field.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures and operations.
- Knowledge of PC operations and word processing.
- Knowledge of RadNet (Radiology Information System), Ascend CV, Soarian, and Powerchart.
- Ability to perform patient examination scheduling.
- Ability to exercise judgement, tact and diplomacy.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
Hours: M-F, 8:00 -4:30 (weekend or holiday coverage)
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.