Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
· Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
· Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
· Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
· Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
· Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
· Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
· Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
· Discontinues foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
· Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
· Discontinues nasogastric tubes per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse.
· Evaluates patients on an ongoing basis utilizing the high-risk profile and administers preventative measures when indicated.
· Simple dressing changes
· Demonstrates competency in the application and care of the patient in restraints under the direction of the licensed nurse.
· Removes staples and/or sutures per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse. (Licensed nurse to inspect incision line post removal or during removal if concerns related to intactness of incision arises).
· Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed per licensed nurse, such as blood glucose monitoring.
· Documents vital signs, intake and outputs, patient activity, skin integrity, and procedures completed in the electronic medical record.
· Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary healthcare team.
· Utilizes the principles of cost containment by conserving equipment & supplies.
· Demonstrates competency in all procedure within Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
o Adolescent o Adult
· Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner.
· Communicates patient care problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
· Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality. Demonstrates awareness of patient's rights and functions as a patient advocate.
· Functions in a professional and calm manner during emergent/crisis situations.
· Reports malfunctioning of equipment and processes work orders per policy.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Computer Skills
· Excellent customer service skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Medical Terminology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or GED equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Minimum of 1-year experience as a nursing assistant
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current BLS required issued by American Heart Association (AHA)
· Current Florida certification as a Nursing Assistant must be obtained within four (4) months of hire date.
To perform duties as assigned and directed by the licensed nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the assigned department.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.