MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of a pharmacist or supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, prepares and distributes medications and IV solutions, fills medication carts, maintains pharmacy and patient care drug stock, records and charges medications to the correct patient or location, and performs other related duties. Supports the pharmacists in meeting the pharmaceutical needs of patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Fills and exchanges patient medication cassettes. Fills new medication orders based on labels generated by a pharmacist.. Prepares medications and unit of use (unit-dose) doses as necessary. Prepares solutions, ointments, and other compounds as needed. Delivers medications to appropriate areas in a timely manner. Maintains all required records and documents.
2. Maintains drug stock in pharmacy and patient care areas. Fills and delivers items as requisitioned. Delivers medications according to Pyxis usage reports and state regulations. Makes appropriate charges for all floors, units, and/or
departments. Generates all required reports and fill sheets on a timely basis. Fills and exchanges medications for code carts. Maintains all required records and documents. Maintains a neat and clean environment in all medication storage areas.
3. Runs update lists for IV orders and asceptically prepares IV solutions for inpatient and outpatient areas, using proper aseptic technique. Properly labels all solutions. Prepares and labels bulk IV's. Cleans the IV hoods. Adheres to OSHA guidelines and safety procedures. Prepares chemotherapy drugs. Proper usage of computerized machinery used in compounding and formulating pharmaceutical products. Maintains a workflow ensuring proper and timely delivery of drug doses. Maintains all required records and documents.
4. Performs and documents assigned monthly unit inspections, including checking of code carts.
5. Assists in the purchasing functions, including maintaining adequate and proper inventory, ordering, storage, and receiving of medications and supplies. Assists in maintaining all required records and documents.
6.Communicates to pharmacists and/or pharmacy manager on matters requiring their attention.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Basic mathematical skills. Attention to detail. Ability to handle and prioritze high work volume and multiple tasks.
2. Hospital and/or pharmacy technician experience preferred.
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.