Medical Assistant (MA) - Tullahoma Pediatric Clinic
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2113270
Tullahoma Pediatric Clinic
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for administering patient care within the scope of his/her training and expertise under the supervision of a Physician. This is done in conjunction with the objectives and policies of the Tullahoma HMA Physician Management, LLC and the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants, Inc.
Demonstrates working knowledge of communication system- telephones, faxes, and patient communication pager system.
Follows through on problems that may compromise patient care by using the appropriate chain of command.
Effectively communicates with physicians' offices to schedule follow-up appointments and additional testing as requested.
Demonstrates willingness to assist other staff in completion of their duties as time permits.
Assisting as needed in safely transferring patients to and from cars, stretchers, wheelchairs, etc., and transporting patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
Accurately identifies and collects patient information and is able to distinguish between normal and abnormal findings and reports these findings to the CN/MD.
Prioritizes and directs patient care needs.
Performs patient care duties including but not limited to obtaining and documenting vital signs, performing phlebotomy, and 12 lead EKG's.
Assist in the department inventory process.
Communicating clearly and concisely, writing in a neat and legible handwriting.
Actively participates in providing a safe environment of care for patients, visitors, and staff. Knowing the location of the Safety manual, Infection Control manual, and the MSDS.
Assist in maintaining rooms, corridors, and nursing station in a neat, orderly manner with clear walking areas.
Knowledge of scheduling surgery, procedures, treatments, and appointments for patients within the department. Completes precerts and consent forms
Manage the Provider Callback Administrator (PCA) program to achieve minimum of 85%
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.