Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
L DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Adheres to Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
· Assumes direct client care responsibilities to assigned patient.
· Functions as a team member by demonstrating a positive attitude towards all customers: patients, families, employees, physicians, and students.
· Demonstrates proficiency in set up of multi-specialty endoscopy procedures.
· Demonstrates dexterity, knowledge and safety in the care and handling of endoscopy instrumentation and supplies, both sterile and unsterile.
· Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
· Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintaining open communication, offering assistance to others and follow up/support of patient care activities.
· Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
· Participates in one Hospital sponsored community event per year.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The Endoscopy Suite Technician demonstrates knowledge and sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
Must demonstrate and maintain current exceptional knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
Adolescent -13 years to 17 years Adult-18 years to 64 years Geriatric-65 + years
· Maximum amount of heavy physical labor, lifting, pulling and standing.
· Frequent risk of exposure to blood/body fluids on a regular basis during normal duties, exposure to chemicals. Stressful situation of decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution.
· Fixed hours per day, flexible hours per week, on call status.
· Reassignment to other units to assist as needed.
· The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma
· Minimum of five years of experience in a multi-specialty endoscopy suite or national certification.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Basic Life Support-C
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· National certification recommended.
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
FUNDAMENTAL INSTITUTIONAL EXPECTATIONS
Corporate Compliance Program:
· Complies with the Employee Code of Ethics, Employee Guidelines/Policies
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Verbalizes understanding of reporting process of any actual or perceived violation.
· Recognizes incidents as defined and described in the Hospital’s Institutional Policies and Procedures
· Understands the method and reasoning for reporting incidents.
· Demonstrates ability to complete the Hospital’s Incident Report Form.
· Assists others in recognizing and reducing risk within the department or other areas of the Hospital.
Environment of Care/Infection Control:
· Follows hospital and departmental Safety policies and procedures.
· Wears nametag identification and is aware of role in minimizing Security incidents.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, including procedures to follow in case of spill.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Life Safety Program and participates in Fire Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program, participates in Disaster Drills as appropriate.
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Medical Equipment Program and how to report malfunctioning equipment
· Demonstrates knowledge of role in the Utility Systems Program and the department(s) response to utility failure.
· Follows hospital and departmental Infection Control policies and procedures.
Participates in the Program for Improving Quality
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement Teams and the hospital wide Quality Coordinating Council.
Is Knowledgeable and Complies with the Stated Institutional Activities and Expectations
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Maintains satisfactory work attendance
· Promotes evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Florida Hospital North Pinellas and Adventist Health System.
o become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each jspecific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a
Provides care and safety of the patient scheduled for an Endoscopy Procedure under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Through knowledge and assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the Technician anticipates the needs of the physician and provides a clean and safe environment. Supports the hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values. Represents the Department of Nursing in a professional and courteous manner.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.