Dietician - PRN - Texas Health Mansfield- A joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
PRN – Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Responsible for nutritional assessment, evaluation and education of patients as a component of total patient care.
Provides nutrition counseling and education to patients as indicated. Accurately documents appropriate patient information in the medical record. Responsible for maintaining patient records to assure they are in compliance with JCAHO. Standard will be evaluated on number of comments or complaints by physicians.
Responsible for assessing and evaluating the nutritional needs of the hospital’s patient population based on established standards. Recognizes and addresses nutritional needs throughout the lifecycle.
Obtains and prepares appropriate visual aids suitable for instruction of patients, prepares and/or obtains any handouts that may clarify and help the patients understand their nutritional needs.
Conducts community nutrition presentations as requested by Nutrition Services Director.
Acts as resource person for other members of the patient care team. Maintains close relationship with nursing for the benefit of total patient care. Standard will be evaluated through observation by the department director and comments by nursing.
Responsible for the evaluation of patient menus.
Assists in evaluating menus for patients. Evaluates and recommends changes in the therapeutic diets which will improve patient care. Reports recommendations to Nutrition Services Director.
Observes patient tray appearance and recommends changes and/or purchase of food items suitable for therapeutic diets to Nutrition Services Director.
Responsible for staff education and professional development.
Assists in planning, organizing and conducting therapeutic diets in-services for nutrition department employees and additional in-services if requested by Nutrition Services Director. Standard will be evaluated on in-service outline and employee feedback.
Keeps abreast of new developments related to therapeutic diets and nutrition by maintain continuing education credits. Maintains ADA membership. Participates in nutrition related community activities as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Nutritional Science from an ADA accredited program.
Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association. Licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians.
May be RD eligible with RD exam scheduled and passed within six months of hire.
Responsible for assessing and evaluating the nutritional needs of the hospital’s patient population based on established standards. Accurately records appropriate information in patients’ medical records. Provides nutrition counseling and education to patients as indicated. Coordinates outpatient nutrition counseling appointments. Conducts community nutrition presentations. Maintains registration status. Attends professional meetings to enhance nutrition knowledge and remain current in the field.
Internal Number: 20030775
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.