Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking an expereinced Infectious Disease Physician to serve as a Medical Director, as such this provider will maintain ultimate responsibility for the medical care of patients with infectious diseases in the transplant, advanced heart failure and advanced lung disease populations.
The primary responsibilities and goals of this role include:
* Assures quality care to patients with ID within the heart, lung and kidney transplant populations and the advanced heart failure and advanced lung disease population.
* Provides oversight of the transplant/AHF/ALD ID program. Responsible for ensuring presence and engagement of multidisciplinary care for transplant/AHF/ALD ID to mid-levels and nurse coordinators.
* Provides oversight of the transplant/AHF/ALD ID clinic.
* Participates in quality and clinical meetings of the transplant, AHF and ALD programs.
* Supervises development and implementation of clinical protocols for IP and OP services for transplant/AHF/ALD ID.
* Oversees maintenance of transplant/AHF/ALD ID Epic lists.
* Provides inpatient and outpatient consultation to the heart, lung and kidney transplant programs.
* Provides consultations pre-transplant.
* Provides expertise in prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious diseases related to transplant/AHF/ALD.
* Review and update all transplant program ID protocols annually or more frequently as necessary.
* Provides full time consultative services to transplant physicians and surgeons for organ donor questions on an on-call basis.
* Serves as the designated supervising physician for midlevel staff involved in care of transplant/AHF/ALD patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
* Engages infectious diseases physicians at Inova to provide coverage and support for the transplant/AHF/ALD ID population and collaborates with these physicians in shared opportunities such as infection control, outbreak preparedness, etc
* Develops educational programs and research proposals to promote developments in transplant ID and within AHF and ALD ID.
* Explores and applies innovative infectious diseases practices and procedures, including new donation strategies as relates to donor categories, new diagnostic tools and new antimicrobials.
* Regionally provides a center for infectious disease fellows to receive a transplant infectious diseases education,
* Participates in conferences, including the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
* Provides lectures and guidance to ID physicians connected to Inova to ensure all areas are aware of current guidelines and protocols related to transplant ID.
* Gives medical grand rounds at Inova Fairfax Hospital every 1-2 years on novel topics related to transplant ID.
* Collaborates with department staff, hospital administration, and physicians in identifying researchable questions pertaining to transplant/AHF/ALD infectious diseases.
* Serves as PI/Co-investigator for transplant ID related studies.
* Oversees all research conducted related to transplant/AHF/ALD infectious diseases.
* Foster growth of the transplant infectious diseases program.
* Assists the Medical Director of the Heart Transplant/AHF Program, Lung Transplant/Advanced Lung Disease Program and the Kidney Transplant Program
* Maintains transplant/AHF/ALD ID program.
Internal Number: 54435BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.